Grace Colón Joins Panel Discussion Regarding Diversity and Inclusion During BIO Investor Forum Digital 2020
Achieving Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Goals through investment and Policy Choices
Grace Colón participated in an educational panel discussion regarding diversity and inclusion during BIO Investor Forum Digital 2020.
A recent Nature Biotechnology article notes that less than 1% of the nearly 200 senior-level positions on investment teams include talent from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups. BIO’s commitment to increase diverse leadership in executive positions and corporate board rooms requires the biotechnology industry to explore the practices at companies, public policy, and the role of investors.
The complete list of speakers and proposed topic areas to cover are below for your reference:
- Grace Colón, President & Chief Executive Officer, InCarda Therapeutics (biotech executive based in California and experience raising funds and being an investor)
- Andrew J. Schwab, Founder and Managing Partner of 5AM Ventures (D&I strategy of 5AM andpriorities of NVCA/other investor groups to advance D&I)
- Susan Angele, Senior Advisor, Board Leadership Center, KPMG (corporate governance practices that advance D&I and over all trends in different states to support board diversity)
- Sonia Gupta , Managing Director, Goldman Sachs (initiatives at GS to support to D&I)
- Jackie Grant, Principal, Abingworth (background on article in Nature biotech and D&I strategy at Abingworth)
Link to the website