Reports To: VP of Program and Portfolio Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
InCarda Therapeutics, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage biotechnology company located in Newark, CA. InCarda’s unique technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of therapies for managing atrial fibrillation and other related conditions with unmet medical need. InCarda was founded in 2009 and has developed a best-in-class platform with a leading intellectual property position.
At InCarda, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the InCarda team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance scientific innovations for the benefit of patients in our communities.
About the Position:
Reporting to the VP of Program and Portfolio Management (PPM), the Director of Program and Portfolio Management works in partnership with Project Team leaders (PTLs) to develop, facilitate approval, and execute on the project strategy across all phases of development. In alignment with the company’s portfolio strategy, this individual is responsible for managing one or more programs/project teams in both Research and Development areas.
The Director of Program and Portfolio Management is also responsible for using and promoting PPM’s best practices, tools and templates, leading goal setting, and for maintaining outstanding communications with all functional leaders, providing key information and updates to senior management. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with the experience and drive to work with key stakeholders to define and implement effective portfolio and project management methodologies.
- Provide portfolio and project management support for the planning and execution of the company’s programs throughout their life cycle (discovery/acquisition to development and commercialization).
- Work in partnership with Project Team leaders and other functional leaders to develop, facilitate approval, and execute the project strategy.
- Enable governance for portfolio decision-making by facilitating the Research Project Team meeting and Development Project Team meeting, which include the timely, effective management of agendas, meeting materials and meeting minutes.
- Set expectations, KPIs, and goals to drive effective asset management.
- Organize the preparation of high-quality documents for review by governance committees in collaboration with project teams; represent PPM at Governance and other meetings.
- Educate and guide project teams on InCarda’s operating model and governance process with a focus on cross-functional input.
- Participate actively in strategic discussions with PTLs and functional leaders involving company priorities, business objectives and plans to meet these objectives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Integrated Project Plans targeting optimization of scope, timelines, resources and risks.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and timely distribution of reporting tools for planning, tracking and trending of progress against plan at the project, program and portfolio levels.
- Partner with Finance to define and maintain project budgets, ensuring the budget/LRP is built on a realistic and agreed upon set of operational assumptions, timelines and resource needs.
- Support the development and update of life cycle plans.
- Lead process improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities to enhance and implement portfolio and project management tools and methodologies.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts, such as organizing ad hoc working groups and advisory meetings when needed; always ensuring proper communication and alignment across functions.
- Proactively identify project challenges and risks, propose, and implement mitigation/contingency plans, along with execute and/or monitor the execution of corrective actions.
- Direct project communications and ensure all stakeholders are timely informed and knowledgeable of project activities, risks and challenges.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Represent the company externally, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, medical or business discipline required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of biopharmaceutical industry product development experience; strong knowledge of all stages of drug development, from early proof of concept studies to global late-phase (phase 2/3) drug development, regulatory submissions, approval and commercialization processes.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements, Good Clinical Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and pharmaceutical product development.
- Excellent understanding of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management, preferably across multiple functional areas.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to manage cross-functional projects, lead cross functional teams, and interact with Executive Management.
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with assigned projects.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” approach toward achieving business results.
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence, resolve conflict and drive agreement among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvement opportunities where relevant, while maintaining clear focus on business objectives.
- Ability to drive, anticipate, influence and implement change.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong personal presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making. Must also be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, development-stage company is highly desirable.
- Position will require domestic and international travel (~25%).
InCarda Therapeutics, Inc. is a dynamic clinical stage biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. InCarda promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
InCarda Compensation and Benefits:
- Comprehensive compensation package including stock options
- Paid vacation time in addition to Company-observed holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
For more information, please visit www.InCardatherapeutics.com.
InCarda is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, InCarda prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.