Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt
About the Position
The ideal candidate possesses proven research, clinical and business development financial planning experience within the biotech/pharma industry. To be successful, the incumbent will be a strong collaborator, communicator, strategic thinker, and able to effectively utilize financial data and analytics to drive business decision making. The successful candidate has the ability and desire to work in a scientific, dynamic start-up environment.
- Establish FP&A capabilities that are suitable for today and positioned for expected future growth and expansion.
- Own, drive, lead and execute the annual budget process, along with routine forecast processes as required.
- Own and manage the long-range plan
- Implement budget, forecast and analysis processes to enable understanding of business results drivers, and provide outlook on cash, expense forecasts and P&L projections
- Evaluate, recommend, implement, and maintain an appropriate planning system enabling for future growth and expansion.
- Develop and deliver timely and meaningful metrics and performance reports to the business, the finance leadership team and investor community.
- Perform necessary close activities to enable robust and SOX compliant financial records (e.g. accrual preparation, variance analysis, management reporting)
- Partner with other functions to ensure overall delivery that effectively enables business success.
- Assess FP&A demands to make suitable recommendations regarding addition of external and internal resources as appropriate.
- Establish and manage external service partners as necessary.
- Promote a mindset of simplification, standardization, and continuous improvement.
- Meet necessary corporate finance deliverables and timelines.
Strategic Business Partner Responsibilities
- Be the trusted strategic and operational finance partner to functional and program business leaders, thereby enabling them to meet financial requirements, drive the business and make effective decisions.
- Collaborate effectively across functions and programs to understand key business drivers, and how such drivers affect performance; develop effective metrics to manage performance.
- Build analytical frameworks and forward-looking models to facilitate decision-making.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and duties as required.
- Assist the CFO in preparation of financial updates, proposals and communications to InCarda’s Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Assist the CFO with future capital-raising initiatives as they arise, including necessary project management for such initiatives.
- Represent InCarda with a high level of business integrity while adhering to all Company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- BS in Finance, Business, or related discipline with 10+ years’ Financial Planning and Analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or consulting experience
- Robust understanding of financial statements, valuation methodologies and P&L management
- Proven experience as a strategic business partner across functions and at multiple levels
- Exceptional analytical skills with highly developed Excel and financial modeling abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish priorities, work independently, and execute objectives.
- Significant attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel with consistent high quality.
- Candidate demonstrates the ability to influence and collaborate with peers to create business impact.
- MBA, CFA or similar
- Experience with research, clinical trial management and/or business development finance in the biotech industry
InCarda Therapeutics, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage biotechnology company located in Newark, CA. InCarda’s unique technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of therapies for managing atrial fibrillation and other related conditions with unmet medical need. InCarda was founded in 2009 and has developed a best-in-class platform with a leading intellectual property position.
At InCarda, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the InCarda team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance scientific innovations for the benefit of patients in our communities. InCarda Therapeutics is seeking a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to lead financial planning processes, analysis of business results to enable strategic business decision-making and efficient allocation of capital. This new position will be key to supporting InCarda’s continued growth as the lead program enters phase 3. The incumbent has the opportunity to establish FP&A capabilities, implement core finance processes and systems, and directly support the CFO in scaling up support to a fast-growing organization.