Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt
InCarda Therapeutics, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage biotechnology company located in Newark, CA. InCarda’s unique technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of therapies for managing atrial fibrillation and other related conditions with unmet medical need. InCarda was founded in 2009 and has developed a best-in-class platform with a leading intellectual property position.
At InCarda, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the InCarda team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance scientific innovations for the benefit of patients in our communities.
InCarda Therapeutics is seeking a Corporate Controller to lead financial accounting, reporting, internal controls, financial compliance function to provide quality and timely financial information to support business decision-making and efficient allocation of capital. This position will be key to supporting InCarda’s continued growth as the lead program enters phase 3 and external collaborations are executed. The incumbent has the opportunity to establish the accounting, reporting, internal controls, and compliance capabilities, implement core finance processes and systems, and directly support the CFO in scaling up support to a fast-growing organization.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate possesses proven technical accounting knowledge and hands-on experience within the biotech/pharma industry. To be successful, the incumbent will be a strong collaborator, communicator, strategic thinker, and able to effectively support business decision-making. The successful candidate has the ability and desire to work in a scientific, dynamic start-up environment.
- Responsible for all financial accounting, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with IRS, CRA, SEC, ASC, SOX provincial and state regulatory requirements.
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to management team and function leaders/budget owners
- Responsible for the day-to-day working processes of the finance department.
- Overall responsibility for all financial and management reporting and analysis, and preparing or reviewing financial analyses on request
- Oversee all financial and reporting functions, including consolidation, foreign currency translation, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, stock options, general ledger, and payroll
- Oversee annual audit and tax preparation
- Liaise with operations, R&D, marketing, sales, and business development, managing the integration of company core business processes and the financial support tools necessary to support the business model
- Responsible for enhancing, documenting, and managing effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Responsible for providing financial information required to support decision-making, including monthly, quarterly and year to date performance relative to budget
- Interpret financial data, understand drivers for business results and recommendations to improve financial performance
- Develop, manage, and enhance the quarter-end and year-end SEC reporting process.
- Primary contact for quarterly reviews and annual audits including the preparation of schedules and analyses, and responding to auditor inquiries
- Primary contact for any banking inquiries including monthly or annual results, and liaising with financial institution
- Provide timely and accurate financial information as needed/requested for existing and potential investors
- Support in ongoing projects and due diligence as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting
- CPA or other professional accounting designation required
- Minimum 15 years financial management experience post CPA designation
- In depth understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance and internal controls
- The ability to lead and work on a team, communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Results driven with ability to multi-task
- Ability to track to deadlines and provide relevant, useful, and accurate information on a timely basis
- Willing to accept and tackle any challenges that are experienced by a rapidly expanding organization
- Ability to interpret results, solve problems and identify potential issues using a combination of intuition and analytics
- The ability to think and act strategically in a rapidly changing environment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
InCarda Therapeutics, Inc. is a dynamic clinical stage biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. InCarda promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
InCarda Compensation and Benefits:
- Comprehensive compensation package including stock options
- Paid vacation time in addition to Company-observed holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
For more information, please visit www.InCardatherapeutics.com.
InCarda is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, InCarda prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.